If you are looking for a way to Delete your Threads Account, below we have a solution for you.
If you installed Threads out of curiosity to understand why people are talking about it and then you realized it’s an alternative to Twitter by meta, and you no longer want to use your Threads account, you are in the right place.
Meta released Threads on July 5, 2023, in competition with Twitter. It got a lot of publicity for a few days, but now people don’t want to use two similar social media accounts. If you want to unlink it from your Instagram account, follow this guide.
We have seen so many social media users who want to Delete Threads Accounts but don’t know the way, which is why we decided to create a guide on “How to Delete Threads Account”.
Note: You can’t delete your Threads account without deleting your connected Instagram account. But, you can deactivate your Threads account, allowing you to use Instagram like you were used to, without any hassle. To do that, follow our guide to Deactivate Threads
How to Delete Threads Account Permanently?
As mentioned, if you delete your Threads account, your associated Instagram account will also be deleted along with it. However, if you still want to proceed, there are two ways to delete a Threads account: through the Threads app or via the Instagram app.
Delete Threads Account Via Threads app
Below, we have provided step-by-step guidance to permanently delete the Threads account. Make sure to follow each step properly.
- Open the Threads app and click on the Profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the Hamburger icon at the top right corner and select the Account option.
- Click on the Other Account Settings option, then select Account Center.
- Now tap on the Personal Details option, then select Account Ownership and Control.
- Next, click on the Deactivation or Deletion option.
- Tap on your Instagram account.
- Select Delete Account and then click on the Continue button.
- Choose a reason and click Continue again.
- Lastly, enter your password and click Continue. It will ask you for confirmation one last time, simply click on the Delete Account button.
Delete Threads Account Via Instagram app
Only a few initial steps are different, and the rest of the steps are the same as in the Threads app. Follow those initial steps in the Instagram app.
- Open the Instagram app and click on the profile icon, then tap on the hamburger icon.
- Select the Settings and Privacy option.
- Now, tap on the Account Center option.
You can follow the remaining steps from the fourth step mentioned in the Threads app method.
That’s all for this article. I hope you have successfully deleted your Threads account. If you encounter any issues at any step, feel free to comment below, and we will provide the solution as soon as possible. For more such articles or if you have any suggestions for us, please follow our social media handles.
FAQ(frequently asked questions)
Q. Does deleting a Threads account delete Instagram?
Q. Can we delete the Threads account without deleting the Instagram account?
Q. Do we need Instagram for Threads?